Sunday, April 19, 2015

Emotions Before Thought

After my epiphany while watching The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, I decided to start my studies on how the brain is as a newborn, when the brain is the most uninfluenced. These were my findings.

The frontal lobe is the part of the brain that deals with thought and voluntary behavior. As a newborn, they understand emotions faster than words. So if a baby were to do something a parent wouldn't approve of and be chastised, the baby would pick up on the negative tone of the correction rather than the actual words they would say. This ties back to my social acceptance theory. We as humans pick up the vibe that others emit before we think about the actual words that were said to us. Because of our desire to belong, we naturally react to get the good feeling from others that we want rather than thinking for ourselves.


To further my studies, I will continue my research on when and why we begin to question things. Learning about the brain and connecting it to our lives gives so much insight as to why things happen, and I really enjoy doing my studies.

Until Next Week,
Factual Faith

1 comment:

  1. This is a really interesting topic and it is interesting how feelings are picked up more than words. When you think about it, this describes the saying, Actions speak louder than words.

    ReplyDelete